Stop #2 of this series brings us to Gigi's 2nd Birthday at the Park- Minnie Mouse theme.
Summer's are rough sometimes to host a birthday party, because where we live it can get into the 90's, so its just too hot (I am totally weak sauce my temperature range is like 72-76). Since it was a scorcher this particular year, we hosted G's party at a park more coastal which is about 10 degrees cooler, BIG difference. She was obsessed with any Mickey Mouse Clubhouse character, so I zero inned on Minnie Mouse.
When planning a park party there are many Pros and Cons....
- Already activities for kids to do (playground)
- Don't necessarily need to organize activities for the kids
- Forces me to scale back and be more simple
- Change of venue- it is fun to go somewhere different, feels festive
- Kids LOVE the park, so will really enjoy it
- You have to keep a close eye on kids because you are in a big public space
- I cannot decorate as detailed as I want
- you have to lug all your crap to the park....shade, coolers, cupcakes, toys etc...
- you have to get there early, good spots can go fast on the weekend
My preference is still to have parties at my house, I find that easiest, but that can get boring after awhile...especially for a child that becomes more opinionated on what they want to do for their birthday. This was a fun way to mix things up!
Thanks Auntie "B" for the amazing chalk art!
Gigi's new bike from Nana and Papa
and YES Gigi is wearing Pink Rainbow flip flops- We are Cali through and through.
My favorite element of the theme incorporated into this party were these adorable minnie cake pops!!! I am not a baker, the cake is something I dread...(I am responsible for those hideous, but yummy, cupcakes in the background)..so I am entirely thankful for my friend Stephanie who volunteered to make these! She is the cake pop queen!
G- your 2nd birthday was so much fun sweet girl. I Love You.