I am slightly succulent obsessed. This is one of the many projects I have going on right now that deal with succulents. The reason why I love them so much is you don't need a green thumb (phew! the pressure is off!) they are very hard to kill and need very little work. Which is good for me, because I seem to kill anything that grows! This is an easy-peasy project for you to make a low-maintenance garden for your home.
1. Glass vessel of any shape or size
3. Activated Charcoal (found at your local pet store- this helps prevent mold and bacteria from building up)
4. Moss (optional)
5. Potting Soil
7. Decorative touches- a fun top layer (I used a sparkly broken glass looking stuff intended for a vase filler to add a fun glittery effect on mine) you can also add more rocks, wood, seashells, miniature figurines...whatever you fancy, and all entirely optional
Putting it all together:
In your glass vessel of choice do the following steps:
1. Add gravel/rocks about 1 inch thick or more depending on your preference
2. Add a thin layer of activated charcoal
3. Add moss (optional) I wanted it more for looks, but it also helps keep the moisture in
4. Add soil 1-2 inch thick
5. Add succulents (I used trimmings from my yard, so I didn't even have to purchase new ones...free .99 baby!)
6. Add all the decorative touches you want...or not
Just an occasion spritzing of water once a week and put in a place in your home that gets good indirect sunlight
Enjoy your little (practically no maintenance) garden!
Fingers crossed I wont kill this one! ;)
Want even more terrarium inspiration?!!! Come check out what 15+ ladies did when they got to make their own Terrariums at Kreative! Click Here.
Linking up with:
Show-Licious Craft and Recipe Party, The 36th Avenue , Creativity Unleashed, Creative Collection Party, The Charm of Home, Fabulously Creative Party, Romantic Home, Elizabeth and Joan Designs, Mod Mix Monday, Home Stories A-Z
Cupcakes and Crinoline, CedarHill Farmhouse, Inspire Me Monday, The DIYers, Create Link Inspire, A Stroll Thru Life
Bloggers Digest, Green Willows Pond, The Blissful Bee, Designed by BH, Mostly Homemade Mom, Love Pasta and a tool belt, The Style Sisters, Grace at Home, From My Front Porch to Yours, Saving for Six, Addicted 2 DIY, Redoux Interiors
Ruffles and Rainboots, Turn it up Tuesday, Sunday Showcase, DIY Party, Think Pink, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Inspiration Party Monday, Best of the Nest, Link it or Lump it, Little Red Window